Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 7, 2011

I've Got The Power!

One of the hardest things in life is accepting responsibility for yourself. At least it's hard for me. I find it easy to say that I am who I am because of my family..my mom and her struggles and not having 2 strong, stable, loving parents and a family where I was nurtured to be the best I could be. I can say so easily that it's harder for me than most people because I don't really have a mom, and at a young age began to accept the responsibility of fitting into a mother role. But you know what? I think that I need to realize that God gives us each our own struggles, and they are so different for each of us. Maybe someone else has a different struggle than me but it's just as hard for them as mine is for me. Maybe it's all relative. And we are just supposed to be doing the best with what we have. But we have to take reposibility for whatever we do with what's given us. And maybe the reason that we are given certain circumstances is that we can help someone else along the road with our compassion. Maybe they are supposed to make us more like Jesus. I think that's the truth. All I know is that it's hard to be responsible.

1 comment:

  1. Caitlin! I believe that you are completely right. You amaze me with your softness amidst how hard life has been. I am grateful that you are my best friend!

    ReplyDelete